* 1.5 pounds thick-cut bacon slices cut in half
* 2 cans (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 1 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup Marie Sharp’s Exotic sauce
* 1 cup fresh cranberries whole and halved
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Wrap each water chestnut with a half strip of bacon. Insert a toothpick through the center with the seam-side down. Place in a baking dish. Continue wrapping all the water chestnuts, creating a single layer in your baking dish.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. Drain off the grease. Be careful when doing this because the pan and grease will be extremely hot.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, brown sugar, chili sauce, and cranberries. (For the cranberries, I like a mix of whole cranberries and cranberries that I’ve sliced in half.)
5. Pour the sauce over the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts. Return to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes. Serve warm.