Marie Sharp’s Fine Foods have been making pepper sauces since 1981 at Melinda Estates, Stann Creek Valley, Belize, Central America.
We have farm-to-bottle freshness focusing on flavor which are the hallmarks of Marie’s products that are distributed worldwide.
- In 1980, in Belize, Central America, Marie Sharp invented several recipes for sauces, jams, and jellies. Marie experimented with fresh Habanero peppers, vegetables, and fruits from her farm. She was overwhelmed with positive feedback and encouragement when neighbors and friends tasted them. That was when she decided to turn it into a family business.
- Initially, Marie began production in a small kitchen with help from relatives and an employee. Next, with a determined business frame of mind, it has grown to over 20 employees. The factory is located in Stann Creek, Belize. They produce and manufacture products for numerous local and international markets.
- Are you wondering where Belize is? It’s a Central American country situated on the Caribbean coast. It is surrounded by Mexico to the North, Guatemala to the South and West, and by the Caribbean Sea to the East.
- Marie Sharp’s family-owned business takes great pride and honor in producing their products. Everything is of the highest quality, living up to their slogan, “Proud Products of Belize.”
- Marie Sharp’s Facility in Belize in HACCP approved with the highest standards of food preparation on a world class scale. They believe in gender equality and actually promote a stop to gender-based violence with the production of their Pineapple Habanero habanero sauce.
- The produce that is not grown directly on the Estate, is outsourced to other local farmers employing approximately 70 people total.
Therefore, we at Marie Sharp’s Canada Inc. are very proud to be able to provide these products to Canadian Tables. Besides the hot sauce from mild to very hot, we have sweet tropical jam and spreads. In addition, we have fruity and smoky habanero pepper sauce. All the products are 100% natural, gluten free with no added artificial colour or flavour. Try them all!