Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp Marie Sharp’s Smoked Habanero sauce
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees F (180 C).
2. Dry chickpeas: (a) using a strainer, drain and rinse the chickpeas, (b) using a tea towel, gently pat the chickpeas until completely dry, (c) remove any chickpea skins that came off while drying.
3. Roast chickpeas: (a) transfer chickpeas to a baking sheet and spread them out in an even layer, (b) roast chickpeas for about 15 minutes (stir once after 10 minutes!).
4. Coat chickpeas: (a) in a medium bowl, mix olive oil, Marie Sharp’s Smoked Habanero sauce and spices together, (b) after 15 minutes of roasting, add chickpeas to spice mix and toss well until they are evenly coated.
5. Roast chickpeas for another 10 minutes or so until they are golden and lightly darkened. They should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
6. Let the Spicy Roasted Chickpeas cool for about 5 minutes before snacking.
Check our recipe page for more recipes from Marie Sharp’s Canada.
The Marie Sharp’s sauces are made with 100% natural ingredients, no artificial flavors, no artificial colors. Most of the produce is grown right on the Family Estate, and the taste is evident in the fresh taste, with farm to bottle freshness.